CBD: Christian Cards and Crafts

CBD

Although I have removed advertisements from my blog, I do have a link to CHRISTIAN BOOK DISTRIBUTORS (CBD). I have been buying from them for a long time and I wouldn't have their link at the top of my page, unless I felt it benefitted you.
Sincerely, Laura-Lee (moderator)

Friday, September 28, 2012

Trash Project - Part 1

Mish-Mash of Ordinary Household Items


In the post, "Fruit, Fertilizer and Going Forth" I talked about our individuality and what God wants from us. We, apparently, are created in God's image. So, as the theologians (definition = smart religious people) go about debating and discussing what that means, let's do something fun.

Personally, I believe that we are most like God when we are taking something that nobody else thinks is nice or is garbage in their eyes and we turn it into something "pretty". Look at how many people spend their time and money renovating their homes or restoring old things. There is no way they are putting in all that effort merely for the money.

When I was 13 (before the word 'recycling' was even used) I declared one October that our Christmas Tree was going to be a 'garbage' tree that year (for lack of a better word). My Mom pictured dirty old tins cans and old scraps of thrown away paper hanging from our tree. So, being the person she is, she responded with, "Sure. Go for it!" (God bless her.)  I worked for weeks on what to put on the tree. No object in our house was safe. I began to look at everything in a different way. Even the most ordinary of items I asked myself, "Could this be a Christmas tree ornament?"

On Christmas Eve I didn't let anyone near the tree until it was finished. My Mom had a rather worried look on her face and my brother looked mostly amused. Either I would create a great tree or a ridiculous tree and he was up for either conclusion (God bless him).

When the tree was revealed it had pink & white pom-poms made out of scraps of wool on it. Bits of an old red dress had been cut up and tied into bows on all the green branches. And little cardboard scraps cut into various star shapes and covered in foil were tied on with thread. You get the idea.

Now, with that type of thing in mind ...



I have selected some very basic items and I will attempt to make them into something attractive. At this point I have NO IDEA what I am going to make, but I got items that were either very ordinary and can be found in any home or some "garbage" items, that can be found in the trash cans in any home.


And while you wait for the unveiling of MY "Trash Project", why don't you make one of your own? Email it to me. I'll put it up on the blog, no matter what it looks like. Give it a try and maybe you might enjoy yourself.

There is just one rule: no major crafting machines allowed. This is about using ordinary objects that other people would pass on by or that everybody has access to.


ITEMS LIST: 
 
 
 


3 - plain printer paper (white)
2 pieces - scraps printer paper (pink) about to be thrown away because they were cut crooked
post-it note pad (yellow)
post-it note pad (green)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 pack- Crayola (Wax) Crayons
bottle white out liquid
Tube Elmers Clear School Glue
Scissors
Ruler
Bic pen (blue)
 
 
 
 
 
Kleenex Tissue Box - cut out pink/flowery side
2 scribbled lists from Mom (little pink flower in bottom corner)
Junk Mail - Advertisement for "Molly Maids" (I dunno why?)
Broken cardboard circle (used to hold ribbon - now empty) SEE BELOW
 
 





Close-up: Broken Cardboard that formerly held ribbon. (see above photo)





** I have my tools - I have my retrieved items - I have my excessive talent and abilities (God help me) Let's see what I accomplish.

STAY TUNED - genius doesn't happen over night.

2 comments:

  1. I reckon’ the world would be a much better place with less people in it, that’s the proper way to manage recycling cos there’s too much trash and too much global warning (poor polar bears), a human cull is defo needed, not recycling. Cull. Mass cull.

    Baby Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely know whether to admire you or check into having you locked up. Any suggestions? It might also have to do with not understanding a lot of the words you are using. Is there a "English to Sue" Dictionary in existence?

    ReplyDelete