CBD: Christian Cards and Crafts

CBD

Although I have removed advertisements from my blog, I do have a link to CHRISTIAN BOOK DISTRIBUTORS (CBD). I have been buying from them for a long time and I wouldn't have their link at the top of my page, unless I felt it benefitted you.
Sincerely, Laura-Lee (moderator)

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trash Project - Part 2 (Completed)


In "Part 1", I collected several ordinary and thrown away items from around my home, without any preconceived ideas, and accepted the challenge of making a greeting card from them.

Read “Trash Project: Part 1” to see the items I collected for this project.


card Trash Project (36)  TRASH CARD: Front View

card Trash Project (37) TRASH CARD:  Inside View


LIST OF ITEMS:
* Ruler, 12 Crayons, Scissors, Bic Pen, Liquid Paper (white out), Elmer's School Glue

* Post-It Notes (pad of yellow, pad of green), scraps of printer paper (pink), computer paper (white)

* Junk Mail (“Molly Maid” advertisement), Old notes sent to me (from garbage), Cardboard Circle Ribbon Holder (Empty – no ribbon left), Kleenex Tissue Box.


Blog Trash Proj (1) PICTURE OF ITEMS


card Trash project (5) Cut out various words from the “Molly Maid” advertisement Junk Mail


card Trash project (4) Drew outline of house and tree on pink Kleenex Box and cut it out (idea for house and tree from “Molly Maid” ad)

** Cut Out wiggly strips and from the Green and Yellow Post-It Note pads

** Cut Out little leaf shapes from Green Post-It Note pad

** Cut Out the the Red Outline Circle from the Cardboard Ribbon holder (touched up the messy cutting with white-out Liquid Paper around inside of circle)

** Cut Out little Pink Flowers from the paper old notes written on.


card Trash project (8)  Laid out all the words I Cut Out of “Molly Maid” advertisement “Coming Home; to; 100 % ; Love; Trust; Satisfaction; from; ll ; r "


card Trash project (7) Laid Out ALL pieces I cut out to put on card (Helped to give me final ideas of how to put card together by collecting all my ‘resources’ in one place)


card Trash project (12)  Used Crayons to color triangles of color to make a type of Quilt Pattern (didn’t make it bigger than the "ribbon" circle I cut out)

** Folded White Printer paper (81/2 X 11) into a Four fold Card


card Trash project (13) FRONT: Glued Cardboard red circle on top of coloured Quilt Pattern

ONCE I HAD CARD FOLDED I CONTINUED TO GLUE ALL THE VARIOUS CUT-OUTS INTO THEIR APPROPRIATE PLACES.


card Trash project (1) INSIDE BOTTOM:Glued Wiggly Yellow Paper to bottom of Inside card


card Trash Project (27) INSIDE RIGHT: Glued words (wrote the word “and” with my Bic Pen)


card Trash Project (28)  INSIDE: Glued on Kleenex Box Tree, Pink paper Home (drew on windows and doors with pen), Glued on 3 Green Leaves (drew on lines with pen)


card Trash project (17) BACK: It’s not a card from me unless I put my LOGO on the bottom back, “ from  ~ ll r ~” (words cut from the “Molly Maid” ad) ; Green Paper wiggles from Post-It paper.


card Trash project (21) BOTTOM FRONT: Glued below Quilt Pattern Circle, 3 Pink Flowers (cut from paper that had old notes written on it), Green Leaves from Post-It Note pad


CARD SENTIMENT READS:
Front: “Coming Home to …”
Inside: “ 100% Love Trust and Satisfaction”
Back: “from ll r “ (my card logo)

(NOTE: Words cut from “Molly Maid” Junk Mail Advertisement)


FINAL VIEWS:

card Trash Project (34) CARD OPEN & LAID FLAT (Shows Front and Back)

card Trash project (20) CARD OPEN (Inside View)


card Trash project (18) CARD OPEN (Inside View – Bottom)


CONCLUSION:

So that is my “Trash Project”. I enjoyed doing it, although my creativity doesn’t come quite as fast as it used to. I did it in the hopes that you would be motivated to do something similar or at least come to the conclusion that you don’t need a lot of equipment or the ability to reproduce the Mona Lisa in order to create something.
 The idea is to use whatever is at hand and make something that is uniquely YOU. Go ahead. Give it a try. And don’t forget to have some fun.

I would love to hear comments about what you think of this project and I would REALLY love if you sent me a photo of anything you create as well.

Love Laura-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment